Saturday, January 27, 2007

Melo-Iverson dynamic duo and my favorite team

I watched the Jazz play the Nuggets last night. It was one of the more interesting games I have seen for a while. The competition was fierce. The offense of both the teams played at a very high level, and I think in the end it was the defense of the Jazz that made the difference. I am seriously beginning to think that the Melo-Iverson thing might actually work. Those guys seem to be enjoying each others company and playing off each other's strength. Anthony had a weird smile on his face throughout the game. I think that Iverson might have helped him gain the swagger that he needed to become a next level superstar. I know! Iknow! Melo was the scoring leader of the NBA even before Iverson came to Denver. But the confidence that I saw in him yesterday was something I had never seen before. And this was a game that Denver lost.

I was hoping that the Melo-Iverson combo would take Denver down the drain since they are in the same division as the Jazz. But I think that my worst nightmares are about to be true. Sure, the Jazz won last night but we need to keep in mind that it was only the third game that those guys had been together. Besides, without a rookie that energized everyone in the building, Jazz would have definitely lost. I think that Jerry Sloan is out of his minds. I can not understand why he did not play Brewer in the last 5 games. Even yesterday they only played him when Kirilenko sprained his ankle. This seems even more weird considering the fact that the best results came for the Jazz when they played Brewer and Milsap regularly in their lineup. Only reason that I can come up with Sloan's approach is that they are giving Giricek some minutes so that he can be of some value on a trade that is inevitable. If that is the case I would be more than happy because I think Giricek does not have a place on this team. I am absolutely sure that Brewer's athleticism is going to do wonders for this team. And he is a very good defender as well. The rotation of Kirilenko, Brewer, Fisher and Harpring in the SF/SG positions would be the best for this team. They can even make it to the western semis if they play this lineup with a possibility of going all the way next year.

This is my first shot at a sports article ever. It is kind of surprising considering the fact that at a point in my life I wanted to be a sports journalist. The level of my writing can be compared to the Oakland Raiders in the NFL right now but i have to keep practicing, I guess. May be I will land the number one pick in the draft someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home