Sunday, January 28, 2007

My typical Weekend!

This is turning out to be yet another unproductive weekend. I cannot think of any weekend in the past three years (except for the ones during exams or finals), in which I have done something productive for school. Let me give you a rundown of a typical weekend, taking this weekend as an example.

Friday evening was very uneventful this time around. We usually play basketball or go the dollar theater (very rare!) on Fridays, but this time we did not because all the fellas doing I SYS had exams on Saturday. I watched the Jazz Nuggets game which I have already talked about in a previous post. After that I saw a movie on peekvid called "Love actually" which was pretty funny. Before I went to bed I chatted with my brother for about 20 minutes. I was really hungry in the evening because I had nothing but ramens left and there was nothing to make daal bhat either. I spent the rest of the evening thinking about Everest MOMO in Kathmandu and how I could devour at least 20 if I had the chance.

Saturday was not too special either. Woke up at around 11. Played a couple of NBA Live games with Kalyan and watched TV until we decided to go play basketball. Oh! Wait, we went to Carl's Junior before basketball and also stopped by manylands to get the Jasmine rice (25 lbs. for 17 bucks; not a bad deal). The basketball game was pretty intense and exciting today. The teams were well balanced and there was tough competition between the teams. I was completely out of sorts in the first game but bounced bask in the next two and played at a very high level. Naturally, we won 2-1.
In the car, while returning from the game somebody had a bright idea of making daal bhat. Since we had nothing at our home we decided to take a detour. We stopped at Ranjan's place grabbed some pyaaj, golveda, taama and masu. We decided to cook taama and masu. I made the chicken while anunaya made the tama. After everything was cooked, like usual we sat in front of the TV and watched sports center and naturally each one of us coming up with a critique or an applaud for each play shown. Most of the discussion happened during the basketball highlights, which is no surprise considering the fact that all of us think we are basketball analysts. Anyways, it was fun and after a tiring day I went to bed at about one.

Sunday is usually the same as Saturday. The only difference being that the school is closed which means no basketball. Woke up at around 11 again and was watching the NBA games on ABC when we decided to go to WalMart. I had to go, since I had nothing so I was not too disappointed about missing the game. Spend 42 bucks on WalMart and that was just my personal expenses. The common bill is a whole different story. Came back home in time for the 4th quarter of the Lakers-Spurs game. The game went in to overtime and was pretty intense. After that took a couple of online quizzes for class tomorrow and started writing this post. I will probably watch a movie in peekvid and go to bed at around one.

So there it is my typical weekend. Did you ever read a word called "book" or see a verb called "read" anywhere? I thought so. I totally waste my weekends doing nothing productive. I am wondering why I am even making this post right now! I better stop!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home