Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Motivation or Lack there of!

The midterms are breathing down my neck but I have had no motivation to study yet! This is a big problem for me (and I am sure for a lot of people) that I don't start studying until the very last moment possible. I make every bit of an effort to wait till the last moment possible to start studying. I have come to the conclusion that this is a basic human nature and we cannot fight it. Yes, I have seen tons of geeks who get things done ahead of time, but I am only talking about normal people here. So this column is only for regular Joes like me who wish to waste their time.

I watched the movie "Pursuit of Happyness" last week. The character of Will Smith in that movie personifies what we all do in real life. We might not have to face as much hardship as he does or eventually, be as successful as he is, but we do wait till the very last moment to put together our comebacks in life.

------------------------------------------------------
Did not Complete for reasons stated below:
------------------------------------------------------

I started this post before the midterms thinking that I would write a great post about how we as humans hate deadlines, how we never start things on time, and how we make our comebacks when we reach the point of no return. I even had the pursuit of happyness analogy ready to support my point. So, why was I not able to finish this post? Well, you guessed it! I was busy trying (hoping) to make my Will smith comeback. I was making a last ditch effort to make my midterms good. I had three midterms last week and man they were hard. I am pretty sure I bombed all three tests. I guess there will be more opportunities for me in the future to make my comeback. Specially looking at how the semester is going, I probably will need to make one, but the motivation is still lacking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home