Sunday, February 11, 2007

Blogging!

I stumbled to a couple of witty blogs today. One from a guy in NY and one from a lady in DC. Pretty interesting blogs to say the least. Especially for me, someone who doesn't understand the single-middle-aged-American mentality. I think I am pretty good at understanding some of the college kids that I meet at school, but the single-middle-aged-American mentality has screwed my understanding of this culture. Reading about these people's frustrations, success, sex-life, and a whole lot of other random stuff has really amazed me. I do not see completeness anywhere in these people's lives. Where I come from, nobody's life is "just out there". In my part of the world society is really closely knit and everybody has a deep sense of belonging. That is probably why I am struggling to understand how people can live like that. Without having a reason that I expect (Want) to see.

May be it is just how they write, may be I am interpreting people's writing wrong or may be I just don't understand this culture as well as I think I do.
May be that is the main reason that they write these blogs and may be what they write does not completely represent who they are, but I think it is scary to see what middle aged America has become - Lonely.

It makes me wonder whether I really want to live the American dream or not. The American Dream! To tell you the truth I don't even know if such a thing exists any more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home