Friday, April 27, 2007

Murder by Cricket

Click here to read.

A great piece on the Bob Woolmer saga. ESPN Page 2 columnist Patrick Hruby who knows nothing about Cricket heads to the Carribean to investigate on the murder of Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer. He has put together an excellent report on the lingering conspiracy theories, the problems in international cricket, and above all, the legend of a great teacher. A must read.

The Cricket World Cup final is on Saturday. I haven't watched a single game
this World Cup but I might watch that one if I am able to get a working link from somewhere. I hope I do. I am done with finals and have some free time right now before spring classes begin (sigh!) on Monday.

I used to like the Australian team growing up. I remember the 1999 World Cup like yesterday. They were the underdogs and it used to be fun cheering for them. Now that they have dominated world Cricket for the past eight years, I don't know if I want to cheer for them anymore. They have become the Manchester United of World Cricket. So I think I am going to cheer for Sri Lanka this weekend. Besides, some of my favorite Australian Cricketers have already retired. Damien Martyn, Shane Warne and the Waugh Brothers to name a few.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home