Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Make me a sheeep, O God!


Let me not jump to the void like a sage.
Or with an artificial imagination.
Let me not create distorted magic of variegated colors out of magic less truth.
Let me not become a Brahmin to live on dirty water washing away other's sin.

* * *

Let me not reform to expose the world.
Let me not patch up the old and tattered things.
Let me lit the light of life,
Like the simple, beautiful, and unbeautiful light of nature,
When dying
Let me reach higher up than the sage.


- Mahakavi Laxmi Prasad Devkota



One of the greatest Nepali authors of all time. I haven't read a lot of his stuff lately, but found this online. A Gem!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

really very nice and touching poems.

12/10/08, 9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice poem i like it!

11/5/14, 11:06 PM  
Anonymous real estate nepal said...

very nice poem i like it!

11/5/14, 11:08 PM  
Blogger Sack said...

Nice article
visit
Home Jobs
to learn and earn more money.

2/5/15, 3:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ADAMS KEVIN, a representative Aiico Insurance plc, we trust and respect for individual differences in day out a loan. We will provide 2% of the loan's interest rate. If you are interested in this business contact us by e-mail: (adams.credi@gmail.com) now transfer their loan documents issued properly. Do you need a loan to set up business or school if you are very welcome to Aiico Insurance plc. You can also contact us by e-mail: (adams.credi@gmail.com). We first week can request a balance transfer.

DO YOU NEED LOAN FOR PERSONAL BUSINESS? IF YOU CONTACT YOUR EMAIL ABOVE TO PROCEED WITH YOUR LOAN TRANSFER IMMEDIATELY OK.

2/19/15, 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home