Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Apprentice season 6 (so far)

The season started off slowly and I was skeptic about a lot of things. I wondered how the show would survive without George and Carolyn. I hated the whole concept of the losing team living outside on camp. Is Trump looking for an apprentice or a survivor!? I thought that letting the winning PM continue to be the PM was kind of lame. How were we supposed to know the other people? But Trump being Trump has somehow pulled it off. The season has suddenly become intensely exciting and fun. This season might actually turn out to be better than any of the previous ones.

I guess I did not realize initially that Trump is the real star of the show. None of the sideshows matter as long as he is there, not even the candidates. I am positive that the show will be interesting even if it’s you or me by his side. That is why he has been able to switch between Randall, Bill, Sean and Ibanca without hurting the show too much. Has anyone actually missed George or Carolyn this season?

I think that the show made some right decisions at right times. After episode 2 or 3 they began focusing more on the tasks and the boardroom, and less on the hardships of the losers living on camp. They have been so much better off. Those segments of the show were such a drag. I am sure that no one really cared whether the loosing team had running water or not. Also, I think that the show has been pretty lucky because the same project manager has not won a lot of tasks. Otherwise, having the same PM every week would not be as interesting as how things have turned out.

I can’t wait to see who wins this season. I personally think that it is going to be either Heidi or Stefani but you never know. Anyways, I will be in front of the TV at 9 every Sunday for the next few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home