Thursday, March 15, 2007

Madness of March!

I can finally focus on March Madness since exams are over. The tournament just started today but I did not get to taste this year's hype as much as last year. I did fill out my brackets and what not, but the exams kept me away from things. My school plays tonight and it should be a fun game. Hopefully, we will win. They have done well this year but even if they win tonight they are going to be killed on the second game. I am praying for a miraculous upset on the other game.

March Madness is one of the best traditions in America. It rivals the World Cup on the kind of effect it has on people (only in the States of course!). Back home, during the world cup I used to cut out the schedule of the soccer games from a local newspaper, fill my predictions, and put it up in my wall. I had no clue then that millions of other people in the other side of the globe are obsessed with a similar thing but in a different sport. I did not even know that those things you fill out are called brackets. Now I am praying that my bracket will do well this year on ESPN and facebook.

It's amazing where life takes you in a short span of time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So how do you feel about Beckham's appearance in America? Have you heard how much they're paying him?! It's ridiculous!

3/17/07, 9:38 AM  
Blogger Mediocre said...

I think it is going to be good for the overall development of the game. More good players will be encouraged to come to the MLS. I see no other way that soccer can rise here in the US if they cannot attract some powerful names. I do not have a problem with the money if they can afford it. He would never come otherwise!

3/17/07, 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home