Friday, March 23, 2007

Spaced Out!?

Does anyone remember the movie Office Space? I am convinced that it is the funniest workplace related movie ever made. The reason why I bring this up is that I remembered a conversation from that movie at work. I went to IMDB, made a couple of searches, and sure enough I found that conversation. Here is how it goes:

Bob Slydell: You see, what we're actually trying to do here is, we're trying to get a feel for how people spend their day at work... so, if you would, would you walk us through a typical day, for you?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
Bob Slydell: Great.
Peter Gibbons: Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour.
Bob Porter: Da-uh? Space out?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work


At the moment when I remembered this conversation, I had been staring at my screen which had nothing on it, for at least a couple of minutes. I was definitely not sleeping because I knew what was going on around me. But
for those two minutes, for some reason, I was fixated on that blank white tab of Firefox. I guess I "spaced out." I feel a little bit guilty because I am not actually supposed to be doing that at work. Does that mean I have to start blogging more at work so that I don't space out again!?

4 Comments:

Blogger kris said...

Uh, yes. That's exactly what it means.

But I SO didn't write this comment from my cube. Don't tell the Bobs.

3/23/07, 8:02 PM  
Blogger AboutHIV/AIDS said...

What does that mean, by the way?

3/24/07, 4:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vahsek's Ramblings said:?

I discovered you somewhere.

You have nice template and nice blog!!

all the best

happy blogging

3/24/07, 4:58 AM  
Blogger itsnotmeitsme said...

Brilliant! I'm working on a project called "Trust Preferred Securities." When I first heard about it from the partner in charge, I naturally wrote down "TPS" and I'm sure he was wondering why I was laughing so hard...

3/26/07, 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home